The Final Photo


I am very pleased with my final photo; The movement and facial expression demonstrate exactly what I wanted to create. The contrast in the colours of the confetti also works well and adds that little extra something that makes an ordinary photo extraordinary. 

However, I believe that this photo could be better; If the face was sharper/more clear, then it would link to my research of Bill Wadman and how he shows movement through dance, but with the models face clear and looking at the camera.

I feel that with every piece of art that I produce, there has to be some kind of meaning or it has to portray an emotion/feeling. With this project, I was immediately drawn towards long exposure portraits - as it is something that I had never done and I found the images quite interesting and different.

The initial photos that I had looked at were quite daunting and the emotions radiating of the models were very sad. I wanted to create the opposite of this. I really liked the photos where the shutter speed was decreased in order to show dance as a blur. I myself have always thought of dancing as a sort of stress relief. Some forms of dance looks as though the dancer is flying - they are free. This is exactly what I wanted to represent in my photo, and what I hope people would be able to see and feel when looking at my photo.

Overall, I am happy with what I was able to produce. Big thanks to Ben and Carrie for being kind as to help me with ideas and with the setting up of the camera and lights - as I have never done photography before. I have definitely learnt a lot and can say that I feel fairly confident to be able to attempt another shoot (like the one that I had done) on my own, now having more knowledge when it comes to lighting, shutter speed and exposure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I HAVE A DREAM

Available Light